Whether you’re the world’s biggest fan of kitesurfing, or a total newbie to the sport, the Kitesurfing Armada Festival is fantastic to see.
Hayling Island was the birthplace of windsurfing and, while still a mecca for windsurfers, it has now rapidly built up a reputation as one of the UK’s premier kitesurfing destinations. If you haven’t seen kitesurfing up close before, you need to! It’s a spectacle to say the least, the nearest thing to flying across the water! Now imagine an army of them across the turquoise sea and you get the picture of why it’s such a popular spectator sport.
The Kitesurfing Armada is now in its sixth year – and best of all it’s free entry. It will be held from June 22 to 24 and has been voted the Best UK Kitesurfing Event for the past three years.
So what can you expect this year? As well as loads of kitesurfing, there will be live music across two stages, a massive brands marquee, a family zone, hot tubs, yoga, pro BMX displays, quality food, craft stalls, charity fundraising, DJ’s, parties, and bars.
Go for an afternoon, or make a weekend of it by taking the tent or campervan!
Hayling Island Kitesurfing Armada Festival – the highlights
- World Record Attempt – Hayling Island still holds the record for the largest parade of kitesurfers. Another attempt could be made this year – provided more than 423 kitesurfers are signed up to have a go.
- Pro Clinics and taster sessions for beginners.
- The evenings promise to be a fabulous party as the sun goes down with Discobug Sound System from 10pm to late on the Friday and Saturday (fingers crossed for the weather!)
- This year they have teamed up with The Big Eats Co to ensure the quality of food offered at the festival is the best yet. Stalls will be serving great quality and locally sourced food including stone baked pizzas, gourmet burgers, chicken wraps, veggie specials, burritos, quality fish, paella, loaded fries, a juice bar, ice cream and a new and improved big breakfast service!
- Don’t miss the festival’s health and wellbeing zone incorporating hot tubs, yoga, massage and more!
It’s all gearing up to be a fabulous three days in this beautiful corner of West Hayling, so do give it a try it you can! All the action starts at 11am on each day, but our advice would be to get there early if you can and perhaps enjoy a lazy breakfast on Hayling seafront if you want to avoid the queues!
The festival is free but you do need to register online if you are attending. Click here to register.