05 Jun Chorizo Bolognese with Buffalo Mozzarella
Chorizo Bolognese with Buffalo Mozzarella
RICK FUGE #eatsouth
The creaminess of mozzarella with the spicy punch and richness of chorizo.
This recipe comes from Donna Hay.
- 4 dried chorizo (500g), cases removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes 2 cloves garlic, crushed cracked black pepper sea salt ½ cup (125ml)
- red wine 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 400g tagliatelle
- 250g buffalo mozzarella, torn
Place the chorizo in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the rosemary and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp. Remove and set aside.
Add the chorizo, chilli, garlic, salt and pepper to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until golden and crispy. Add the wine and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the tomato and sugar and bring to a simmer.
Reduce the heat to medium, cover with a lid and cook for 5–6 minutes or until the liquid has slightly reduced.
While the chorizo mixture is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente.
Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid. Add the reserved cooking liquid to the chorizo mixture and stir to combine. Top the pasta with the chorizo mixture, mozzarella, crispy rosemary and pepper to serve.