31 May Roasted lamb rump a la Provencale
Posted at 09:22h in Food & Drink
Roasted lamb rump a la Provencale
CLIVE LIGHTFOOT #eatsouth
This recipe is from Marco Pierre White, but we found it at Delicious. Classic and delicious.
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 4 x 225g lamb rumps, tied
- 1/2 bunch rosemary, leaves chopped
- 1/2 bunch thyme, leaves chopped
- 500g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (60g) black olives, pitted, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Season lamb with salt and cook, skin-side down, for 4-6 minutes until caramelised.
- Rub herbs over lamb, placing remainder on a baking tray. Top with lamb, skin-side up, and place tomato around lamb. Drizzle with remaining 100ml oil and season. Roast for 20-25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds, then drain and refresh in cold water. Chop beans, then transfer to a bowl with olives. Drizzle with the lemon juice and extra oil, then season and toss to combine.
- Carve the lamb and serve with beans and olives, and roasted tomatoes.